We love our doggos… but don’t get me started on clean ups. Because they could be a handful, right? This is a problem that almost all pet parents deal with so believe me, it’s relatable.
Hello Dog ! Many people and children love dogs and would like to greet them in a friendly way. Despite their good intentions, sometimes humans and dogs are "lost in translation". Many people use approaches are not really dog friendly or at least a dog does not understand it to be friendly.
The easiest way to say " hello dog " is to remember the acronym WAIT:
- Wait to make sure a dog looks friendly.
- Ask the owner’s permission to pet the dog.
- Invite the dog to sniff the person before petting.
- Touch the dog gently on its back, away from its face and tail.
Some other good tips:
- Let the dog approach you first
- Don't scream or speak loudly around a dog
- Let the dog sniff your hand
- Do not pat the dog on their head. Approach them on their back or on the side of their body
- When petting a dog, don't tap them. Use a soft smooth stroke from the head towards the tail
- Don't grab their tail
Here's a fantastic illustration on how NOT to greet a dog:
Want to learn more? Check out our post on How to Read Dog Body Language!
Are you looking to bring home some hybrid dogs to your family but have no idea where to start? Choosing family pets can sometimes be hard because you would want to adopt almost any one of them you see. And since hybrids are a mix between two purebred dogs, they often make up most of the cutest pets out there.
Did you know that dogs are just as much at risk of experiencing dry, chapped, and irritated skin, much like humans are? This is because, although dog paws are tough, they still require occasional relief sometimes. Most especially when walking out in the extreme heat or cold, where there is a risk of sunburns or […]
Belly Bands are small wraps that are placed around your male dog’s waist to cover their private parts, preventing any “accidental” leaks on your furniture, floors, or even clothes! For some dogs, it even stops them from peeing while it’s on. This is because if they do, the resulting “wet sensation” discourages them from repeating it.