Sometimes you need your dog to stay in a specific area of your home. Maybe you've got a puppy on your hands or you don't want your dog in the kitchen.
We've found some of the best designs that we think you will love:
1. Supergate Deluxe Decor Gate This Supergate Deluxe Decor metal gate offers both security for your family and style for your home. It is very durable and constructed with strong powder-coated metal. The arched gate offers a one swinging walk-thru panel built with a double-locking system, as well as, a stay-open feature.
2. Convertible Elite Dog Gate This 6-panel elite dog gate configures into a free-standing dog gate, a room divider, or a pet pen. It's designed to confine your dog safely in areas with larger openings, yet fit beautifully in any home decor. The gate includes a lockable door that allows you to move freely from room to room. Each panel locks in place at 90- and 180-degree angles using a specially designed cap, which also provides extra stability.
3. Elegant Dog Gate There's no reason to sacrifice style for function with this beautiful dog gate. This is a freestanding dog gate made of chew-resistant, rich, solid wood. It also has a walk-thru door which allows easy movement between spaces. This dog gate by Primetime Petz is easy to use and folds down to store in seconds.
4. Hardwood Dog Gate A handsome, versatile gate you’ll enjoy having in your home. Customizable, panels can be configured to work in any open space or doorway. Place into a C-shape into the corner of a room to use as a crate or playpen. The collapsible feature and integrated carrying handles make it easy to store. Made of solid hardwood with walnut color finish.
5. Munchkin Loft Aluminum Gate Looking for something more modern? This Munchkin Loft Gate is made from aluminum for durability and strength. It features a slim profile and contemporary, silver-toned finish that will fit into your home decor. To ensure a custom fit, this gate can be “tuned” to accommodate any uneven surfaces in your home via the Integrated Tuning System.
6. Free Standing Wood Dog Gate We love the look of the arch on this solid wood dog gate. The Free Standing Dog Gate by Majestic Pet Products is ideal for keeping your dogs confined while still keeping your home elegant. Built with solid-wood and triple hinge construction, it is both durable and versatile. It comes in a cherry stain wood or white.
7. Wood One-Touch Dog Gate This dog gate is beautifully crafted and has a "tension-mount" design that allows you to easily attach it to a doorway/hallway opening to keep your dog confined to their own "special" area. The gate door allows you to move freely from room to room. The "one-touch" handle design provides the option of opening/closing the gate with one hand. A lockable gate door provides additional pet security. It's made of polished wood and metal and comes in 3 colors.
8. Richell Freestanding Dog Gate Perfect containment for both puppies and dogs. The Richell Freestanding Dog Gate is self-supporting and requires no installation. Supports fold back for easy storage or transport, and rubber feet protect floor surfaces. Beautiful hardwood finish, lightweight and durable, adjustable width, and easy to assemble.
9. Indoor or Outdoor Retractable Gate This award-winning retractable gate may be used both inside and outdoors as it's made from a UV-treated durable mesh to keep it from fading in the sun. It fits narrow to wider openings up to 55in (140cm). Very space-efficient and the gate retracts out of the way when not in use.
10. Extra Wide Free Standing Pet Gate This Design Studio 2-in-1 Free Standing Dog Gate is designed with premium hardwood and black accents. It expands to fit a variety of openings from 40-70 inches wide. The patented slide and wide latch system is simplistic and allows you to easily move this gate to different openings around your home. Easy to install and quick takedown.
Get insights, tips, and tools on the best dog supplies, dog accessories, treats, or training curated by our Chief Dogsized Influencer, Tiger. Stay in the know and instantly get connected to some of the best products and services for any sized dog from puppy, small breed, medium sized dog, to large breed dog.
Submit Your Products
To submit products for consideration, please use the Contact Us mailing address. Note, reviews are at our discretion and products can not be returned.
Want to increase your profile and influence in the dog community? Email us to share how you can contribute as a writer or learn more about our Ambassador Program.
There is something special about medium breeds that most people cannot ignore. After all, when comparing dog sizes, they are usually more physically active than small pooches. They are also more portable than big dogs. In this respect, we have some popular suggestions for you if you are open to adopting one!
Dogs that stay small are adorable, easy to carry and don’t eat much. This means they are easier to take care of, even on a budget! The thing about them is that they don’t always have a good reputation, primarily due to certain misinformed stereotypes. Chances are, you may also be having some of these misgivings.
Crate training is crucial because it ensures that your dog ends up with a good sense of security and comfort when you bring home one of these crates. They have to feel comfortable enough to enter the crate without feeling scared or forced.
Small dogs are adorable, cuddly, and they suit any home or apartment. They make the best companions for kids too! So, if you find yourself trying to decide which dog to adopt, we’ve got a few ideas on which ones should be at the top of your list.