With the New Year right around the corner, New Year’s Resolutions come to mind. But rather than just thinking about what you need to do for yourself…do you and your dog have any New Year’s Resolutions for 2017?
Our guilty conscience immediately thinks of 3:
1. I’ll brush you more and make sure you don’t get mats
2. I’ll try running with you so you get a bit more exercise (our dog tends to just walk & pee/mark)
3. I’ll teach you more tricks to exercise your mind and give you some more attention.
Here are some great ideas from around the web:
Pet Paradise Resort, asked customers for Dog New Year’s Resolutions, here are some responses:
1. I will not rush you to do your duty. No one puts a timer on me.
2. I promise to give you more “sniffing time”.
3. Yes, you can get into bed with me. Just give me a little more room.
4. At dinner parties, I will never again falsely accuse you of producing strange odors.
5. I will lose five pounds if you will…ok, three pounds.
Here’s one: “See More of the World”
We just love the fact that this Yorkie is not only seeing more of the world, but also schlepping the luggage. Maybe we’ve got to put that ability on the list of things for Kobi to learn in 2015.
Here are 4 from Cesar which we think are great:
1. Visit Ten New Parks or Trails
2. Learn A New Command – Young dogs pick up new commands quickly, but don’t forget old dogs can learn new tricks too. From roll-over to playing dead, even the simplest command can shake things up for you and your dog.
3. Make Your Dog a Home Cooked, Healthy Meal – Treat your dog to the joy of a home cooked meal by adding some healthy new recipes to their diet.
4. Make Time For Your Best Friend – With the duties of day-to-day life, we often forget to relax and spend time with the ones we love. This year be sure to simply enjoy playing, petting, and cuddling with your dog.