ClickIt Utility Dog Safety Harness by Sleepypod
Safest Crash-Tested Car Harness
Unlike typical pet safety harnesses which are one-point in design, Clickit Utility is a three-point dog safety harness. Similar in concept to the three-point seatbelt federally required in all vehicles, Clickit Utility’s three points of attachment absorb force in a frontal collision by dissipating energy and keeps the dog in the car seat during impact.
The unique three-point design that secures the dog in its space diminishes the opportunity for collision with parts of the vehicle and passengers, and reduces the chance for traumatic injuries associated with one-point dog safety harness designs that either catapult a dog’s upper or lower torso into front seats, passengers, and even windows. Upon impact, breakaway slide buckles and shoulder adjustment straps are designed to break or slide to decrease damaging forces by decelerating the force while the dog remains restrained by the primary harness structure.
The harness structure’s primary seat belt webbing and hardware absorb the shifted and decelerated force. In combination, the wide-webbed harness structure and vest promote even distribution of force across the dog’s chest to lessen the chance of injury. A combination of tethers and shoulder belts create a synergistic effect to hold the dog securely.
Clickit Utility was designed as a versatile safety harness that can be used as a three-point harness in the rear passenger seat to secure a dog’s upper and lower torsos. Three-point design is adjustable to two-point anchor usage for use in vehicle cargo portion of an SUV. It incorporates a d-ring on the back of the vest so that it can be used as a walking harness.
- Sizes range from 31—60in (75—150cm). If your pet measures less than 31in (75cm) you should use a crash tested pet carrier.
- Comes in a variety of colors, e.g. red, black, yellow
- Clickit Utility must have both tethers attached to restrain a pet in an accident!
- Clickit Utility tethers must be installed with the hooks facing away from your dog!, see image on the right.
- Clickit Utility cannot be used in the front seat!
- Clickit Utility been crash tested up to 75lbs (34kg).
- Strength tested, automotive grade materials and hardware.
- Broad neoprene cushioned vest. Easy to clean vest is made of luggage-grade, ballistic nylon.
Check out our Dog Travel section for more dog travel products.